Belize Wedding Requirements
One of the many questions I often hear of couples who want to get married in Belize is, “Will our wedding be legal?” Yes! All marriages are legal an recognized worldwide unless you are having a symbolic wedding. Wedding can take place on the Beach, Sailing Boats, Catamarans, Mayan Ruins, Waterfalls, Caves, Jungle, Docks, Underwater, and can during sunrise, mid morning, afternoon, or sunset.
Belize weddings can be intimate consisting of just the couple or can be a big destination wedding Fiesta when accompanied by family and friends. You can wear casual clothes or more elegant wedding gowns and tuxedos. The choice is yours. Dream weddings happen in Belize. Come and have your with us.
Here are the Belize Wedding Requirements to get married in Belize. Let me know if you are ready to say “I DO” and if you are looking for a wedding photographer to photograph your special day. Remember to visit my Facebook page for daily updates of my work.
- Couples getting married must reside in Belize for at least three days prior to their license application being processed. An expedited license can be also obtained which speeds up the process.
- Proof of citizenship is required (i.e. valid passport).
- If applicable, a certified copy or an original copy of your divorce decree or a death certificate is required in the event that one of the partners getting married is a widow or widower.
- A blood test is NOT required.
- Consent from a parent is NOT required, if both partners are over 18 years of age.
- Two witnesses must be present at the ceremony.